ENROLMENT OF STUDENTS AT SS PETER & PAUL’S SCHOOL
Following are the criteria for enrolment at Ss Peter & Paul’s Primary School. It outlines who is eligible to apply for a place at the school, and describes the processes that apply to those seeking enrolment.
- Parents and students wishing to enrol will be interviewed by the Principal
- The special needs of students shall be taken into account on an individual basis.
- By law, children must turn five by the 30th April of their first year of school.
- Students who meet the enrolment criteria and have turned five by the 30th April of their first year of school will not be excluded from enrolment.
- Students of other Faiths will be considered for enrolment provided it does not result in the exclusion of Catholic students. The parents of these students will be required to give an understanding that they will respect the life, nature and identity of the school. Once enrolled these students will have the right to complete their Primary education at the school.
- Students of other Faiths will be expected to participate fully in all aspects of the school life.
- All prospective students will be required to demonstrate that they have received required immunisation, or have necessary documentation stating why they have not participated in the program.
- All information gathered during the enrolment process will be maintained according to the Privacy Act 2000.
ORDER OF ACCEPTANCE
- Children with brothers and sisters already enrolled
- Catholic children who are parishioners of Ss. Peter & Paul’s Parish
- Children of Catholic parents who are parishioners of Ss. Peter & Paul’s Parish
- Children of “parishioners” who live outside the parish boundary
- Children of Catholic parents resident outside the parish boundaries
- Children of Christian families living within the parish boundary
- Children of Christian families living outside the parish boundary
- Children of non-Christian families living within the parish boundary within the maximum amount allowed by Catholic Education Commission of Victoria policy
- Children of non-Christian families living outside the parish boundary within the maximum amount allowed by Catholic Education Commission of Victoria.
- Full fee paying students
In the event that enrolments cannot be accepted from all in one category, preference will be given to a Catholic child
PROCEDURES FOR PREP ENROLMENT
- Parents wishing to enrol their child at Ss Peter & Paul’s should complete an Application Form. A non-refundable enrolment fee of $50 (Prep-6) is payable on submission of form. An appointment will be made for an interview with the Principal and Parish Priest
- On receipt of an “Offer of Enrolment”, a further non-refundable $150 is payable. This amount will be credited to your first term fees.
- After enrolment is confirmed, parents of students will be invited to an Information Evening at which all relevant details will be imparted
- In addition to the Information Evening, it is usual practice for newly enrolled students of Preparatory class to attend Orientation sessions.
ENROLMENT AT ALL OTHER LEVELS
Parents wishing to enrol their child at Ss. Peter & Paul’s should complete an Application Form. The enrolment is to be confirmed after the form has been returned to the school office and after an interview has been arranged with the Principal.
FULL FEE PAYING OVERSEAS STUDENTS
Ss Peter & Paul's School is registered to enrol Full Fee Paying Overseas Students. If you are interested in enrolling your child under this system, please contact the school office on +61 3 9842 2056 for further details and eligibility criteria. CRICOS number 01866G. Ss Peter & Paul's does not engage agents to promote enrolment of overseas students.