Welcome to our school website. I am extremely privileged and very proud to be Principal of a school with a strong commitment to providing a high quality education in a caring, supportive and faith filled environment.
At Ss Peter & Paul’s Primary School we take pride in our traditions, whilst embracing innovation and change that best prepares our students to be active and responsive contributors to our local and global community.
We offer quality education based on the Victorian Curriculum for students from Prep to Year 6. Our dedicated and professional staff works collaboratively together and in partnership with families and the broader community to ensure stimulating and enriching learning experiences for all students.
I invite you to learn more about Ss Peter & Paul’s Primary School through our website and encourage you to visit our school for a personalised tour to discover how we can help your child develop a love of learning and passion for making a difference in our world. Please ring to arrange an individual appointment to visit our school.
Ss Peter & Paul’s Parish Primary School is nestled in quiet streets off the Eastern freeway, near Doncaster and Wetherby Roads. We are approximately 20 km east of the City of Melbourne. The school shares the site with Ss Peter & Paul’s Parish Church and Community Centre.
Ss Peter & Paul’s Primary School is school where each student is known and appreciated as a whole person. Our class sizes enable students to develop strong relationships with their peers and their teachers helping students to feel comfortable and take risks both academically and socially. Our dedicated staff are able to tailor instruction to meet the needs of individual students.
In 2020 the school has the class structure of:
- One class of Prep
- One class of Year 1/2
- One class of Year 3/4 and
- One class of Year 5/6.
Ss Peter & Paul’s School community is culturally diverse. Although the majority of our students were born in Australia and English is the language heard in the playground, the varied backgrounds of our students and their families brings a unique richness to our community. Students and parents have been born in 35 countries and this diversity is celebrated.
Our students enjoy the use of eighteen different indoor learning areas including:
- Computer Laboratory
- Library & Resource Centre
- Visual Arts Rooms
- Performing Arts Rooms
Our contemporary classroom spaces are flexible with modern furniture and resources to better engage students and to facilitate the mix of independent, small-group and whole-class learning. We integrate technology within these environments with interactive whiteboards in all classrooms and the use of ipads, personal computers and chrome books throughout the school. Our junior classes have their own garden areas which are utilised as outdoor learning spaces. All classrooms are equipped with air-conditioned and heating.
A large grassed area, designated basketball and netball courts and an adventure playground encourage active play for students during outdoor times. We offer Passive Play in the courtyard at lunchtimes so that children can enjoy a quieter option for play with the large chess set, drawing materials, dress ups etc. A covered sandpit, a gazebo and parts of the play equipment offer opportunities for creative and imaginative play. The frog bog is open to students throughout the week so that the children can watch the seasons evolve and delight in the tadpoles turn into frogs!
Water tanks supply irrigation for the grass area and the vegetable garden and are the water supply for student toilets, reinforcing the school’s commitment to sustainability education.
Features of Ss Peter & Paul’s
Students experience being part of a community where they see their teachers working as part of a collaborative team, where parents and school communicate openly and support each other
Use of current technology to develop skills and engagement in learning
- Religious education and spirituality including morning prayer and meditation
- High quality Before and After School and Holiday Program with close links to and managed by the school
- Specialist teachers for Performing and Visual Arts
- Keyboard, guitar and tennis tuition
- School choir
- Bi-annual School Concert and Art Show
- Thinking and problem solving skills
- Public speaking and leadership opportunities
- Sustainability and environmental education
- Social – emotional skills development. Social Emotional Learning
- Values education in light of Gospel values
- Buddy program – junior students have a buddy from Year 5 and 6.
- Swimming and interschool sports, Bike Ed
- Specialist subjects of LOTE – Italian, Library
- Restorative Practices – help students learn from their mistakes and reconcile and resolve problems with others.
- Specialist coaches in Digital Technologies & PE
- Mindful practices
- Computer lab and multi-platform in class IT resources
- Literacy learning support including English as an Additional Language support
- Assessment for learning, of learning and as learning