Enrolment of Students at Ss Peter & Paul’s School
Ss Peter & Paul’s is a school which operates with the consent of the Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne and is owned, operated and governed by Melbourne Archdiocese Catholic Schools Ltd (MACS).
Ss Peter & Paul’s is a MACS school in which:
• prayer and liturgy are vital aspects of religious life in the school
• the pastoral care and support programs for students, families and staff are based on the teachings of the Catholic Church
• the teachings and values of the Catholic Church are paramount.
MACS schools are established primarily for Catholic children. Ss Peter & Paul’s strives to be open and welcoming to all Catholic students, regardless of their background, and does everything reasonable to accommodate each student’s individual needs.
Ss Peter & Paul’s is open to the enrolment of children of other Christian traditions and faiths, however, priority will be given to children from non-Catholic Eastern churches. Children from other religious traditions or of no religion are provided with an opportunity to enrol in Catholic schools, should they choose to apply and there is sufficient capacity within the school.
There is an agreed order of priority for enrolment in MACS schools, which must be followed in the enrolment policy and procedures. As systemic Catholic schools, the first priority of Catholic schools is the provision of a Catholic education for Catholic children.
The order of priority for MACS primary schools is:
1. Catholic children who are residents of the parish
2. siblings of children already enrolled in the school
3. Catholic children who are not residents of the parish but are recognised as parishioners by the parish priest
4. Catholic children from other parishes (for pastoral reasons)
5. children from non-Catholic Eastern churches (i.e. Greek Orthodox, Coptic Orthodox, Ukrainian Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Serbian Orthodox and other Orthodox) who are residents of the parish
6. children from non-Catholic Eastern churches (i.e. Greek Orthodox, Coptic Orthodox, Ukrainian Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Serbian Orthodox and other Orthodox) who reside outside the parish
7. other Christian children who are residents of the parish
8. other Christian children who reside outside the parish
9. non-Christian children who are residents of the parish
10. non-Christian children who reside outside the parish.
Procedures For Prep Enrolment
- Parents wishing to enrol their child at Ss Peter & Paul’s should complete an Application Form. A non-refundable enrolment fee of $50 (Prep-6) is payable on submission of form. An appointment will be made for an interview with the Principal and Parish Priest
- On receipt of an “Offer of Enrolment”, a further non-refundable $150 is payable. This amount will be credited to your first term fees.
- After enrolment is confirmed, parents of students will be invited to an Information Evening at which all relevant details will be imparted
- In addition to the Information Evening, it is usual practice for newly enrolled students of Preparatory class to attend Orientation sessions.
Enrolment – Other Levels
Parents wishing to enrol their child at Ss. Peter & Paul’s should complete an Application Form. The enrolment is to be confirmed after the form has been returned to the school office and after an interview has been arranged with the Principal.